We are here to help! When purchasing tickets to a performance, please indicate you are interested in accessible services; doing so at that time will help us give you the best possible seats and assistance.
Call the box office or use TTY at 214-880-0202 between 10 a.m. and 5 p.m. Monday through Friday and on weekend performance days. For in-person questions, please note that venue box offices open 90 minutes before performance time on performance dates.
Accessible parking spaces are located on all levels of Lexus Red and in Lexus Silver, adjacent to the elevators. These spaces are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
The Center offers underground, on-site, valet and self-parking options during performance times. Valet parking is only available in Lexus Red and limited, so we strongly recommend purchasing in advance — available until up to two hours before curtain.
To buy parking by phone, call the box office at 214-880-0202.
Assistive listening devices amplify and clarify sound by reducing or eliminating ambient noise. Assistive listening systems are installed in all theaters, and headsets may be used at any seat. Headsets with induction are available for patrons who use hearing aids and cochlear implants with a “T” switch. Ask your audiologist whether your hearing aid or cochlear implant has a “T” switch (telecoil) and how to use it with an assistive listening headset.
Headsets are distributed for free on a first come, first served basis at the Concierge & Accessibility desk at the Winspear Opera House and at the box office at the Wyly Theatre with the deposit of a driver’s license or identification card.
- Entrances: All entrances to buildings and theaters are accessible. Elevators operate between the Lexus Red Parking and main entrances for the Margot and Bill Winspear Opera House, as well as the Lexus Silver Parking and the Dee and Charles Wyly Theatre. Elevators operate within theaters between the orchestra, terrace and upper levels. Note: Patrons attending a show at the Wyly Theatre should park in Lexus Silver and take the secure tunnel from the parking area directly to the lobby.
- Seating: All theaters have wheelchair and scooter-accessible locations where patrons can remain in their wheelchairs or transfer to theater seats. Patrons who cannot or do not wish to transfer from their wheelchairs to a theater seat should request wheelchair-accessible locations when ordering tickets. Seats with removable armrests are available on all levels. Bariatric chairs are available with advance notice. Wheelchair-accessible seating may be purchased by phone, in person and online. For personal assistance selecting accessible seats or for more information about accessibility, please contact the Access liaison at 214-978-3632 or email@example.com.
- Restrooms: All public restrooms are wheelchair-accessible. Companion-care restrooms are located on every level on the west side of the lobby and on Orchestra and Upper Grand Tier on the east side of the lobby.
- Door to Seat Service: Our friendly ushers are available starting one hour before performances begin to assist patrons from the front of the building to the theaters. At the theater, ushers are available to assist patrons to their seats or wheelchair-accessible locations. Mobility aids that cannot be stored safely within the patron’s seating area and wheelchairs for patrons who transfer to a theater seat will be stored outside the theater, as close as possible to patron’s seat. At intermission, ushers will make every effort to check in with patrons who need assistance getting to restroom entrances or intermission bars. At the conclusion of the performance, ushers will be available to help patrons to the elevator banks or the front of the building.
- Please note: Ushers are not permitted to accompany patrons into the parking garage. Staff, volunteers and ushers are not able to assist patrons in transferring to or from a wheelchair, theater seat or vehicle; to operate motorized mobility aids such as scooters and Segways; or to provide personal attendant services such as assisting patrons in the restroom, help with taking medications or similar activities.
Sign language interpretation
The AT&T Performing Arts Center offers sign language interpretation upon request. Requests for sign language interpreters must be received at least two weeks prior to the event. Requests are subject to the availability of an interpreter and are provided at the discretion of the management.
The Center has partnered with KultureCity to improve our ability to assist and accommodate guests with sensory needs. We strive to raise awareness of the needs and challenges faced by individuals with sensory processing disorders by supplying our team members with continuous training and by offering the resources and accommodations below to our guests.
Sensory bags containing special KCVIP badges, fidget tools, noise-canceling headphones and other resources are available for use (at no cost by leaving an ID) at the Concierge & Accessibility desk at the Winspear Opera House and at the box office at the Wyly Theatre. Weighted lap pads also are available.