Calling all North Texas high school students interested in acting!
Submit a monologue to the Center’s Virtual Monologue Competition for the chance to win a $1,000 cash prize. The top 10 finalists receive one-on-one coaching and the opportunity for their monologue to be professionally filmed.
Students planning to study theatre in college are encouraged to use this as an opportunity to prepare their application material. The requirements are broad so students can align their submissions with the audition requirements at the colleges where they’re applying.
Deadline: Apply by Friday, Dec. 15, 2023, at 11:59 p.m.
Eligibility: Students must currently be enrolled in grades 9-12. Only one submission per student.
• Do not slate, i.e., do not introduce yourself at the beginning of the recording.
• Do not use costumes or props.
• Do not use technical elements, including sets, lighting or sound design, or special effects.
Follow industry expectations of a standard audition, including the following:
• Record in a quiet location with reasonable acoustics. Clear audio is key, so try to avoid echoes.
• Use a space with adequate lighting that enables the judges to see your face clearly.
• If using a smartphone, shoot in landscape mode by positioning the phone on a tripod or another solid, stationary surface.
Submission directions: Upload your 60-second monologue to YouTube as an unlisted video. Provide the link to your video in your application form.
Results: Finalists will be announced during the spring semester of 2024.